Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The wood horse year and the Seattle boat show

There is fabulous energy going into this new year and it's the perfect year for healing and transformation. I found a wonderful article that sheds light on all the benefits of the coming year, which I'll place at the bottom of this post. 


The past two weeks have been the most intense transformative and healing weeks of my life! It's been hard work but most days I am up for the challenge. I'm also doing a detox/cleanse for the next 2 months, so I'm committed myself to this healing process. I'm excited to see where I'll be in April!


For the first time in over a year I've been able to walk longer since my pain level has decreased. This has allowed us to thoroughly enjoy the Seattle boat show. We even went both weekends!

View from the deck of a 26 Million dollar power boat, looking at seattle.

We had a great time and met a number of wonderful women in the boating community. It started a couple weeks ago, when we decided to enlist some help with our boat search. Not with a broker as we have been down that road a few times. This time we contacted a well known marine surveyor, Lynne Reister. It was awesome to meet her and we are hopeful she can help us find our boat! There are a few on the horizon and we'll let you know how it pans out. 



We also met Linda Lewis and some of the women from the NWMB (Northwest Women's Boating) group. I know Linda will be a great resource for us. We plan on attending a class she's giving on radar this spring. She does private instruction also and Shay's made hints that a docking lesson on our new boat might be in order. Her seminars were great as she was full of great ideas for couples handling a boat and how to better communication aboard. I especially enjoyed her ideas on docking and line handling. 


Shay also attended the women's day at the boat show and met Carol Hasse and Nancy Erley and listened to some great talks about sail plan options and off shore sailing. 


There were some great deals on gear and we did succumb to purchasing new life jackets with built in harnesses. Later, we were talking to some women from NWMB at their knot tying booth about life jackets. One of them shared a story about when her life jacket inflated in a MOB practice and the pressure from the impact bruised her boobs quite severly. She cautioned us that for training or testing purposes not to tighten the jacket too much! Food for thought for all you women sailors. 




We found some great product to look into also.
H2Out is a renewable dehumidifier that you stick anywhere. Drawers, closets, anywhere. I really liked the idea, but the prices at the boat show were steep so I think I'll buy some online and give them a try in our trailer since we have plenty of need right now.








The other product was an interior liner for boats. It looks like wood slats but was just plastic. I imagine you could paint it or stain it. It was in the V-berth and really finished out the space. There's a picture below if anyone knows the name of the product let me know!








It's been a really fun time for both of us and it feels like we are finally enjoying the benefits of living a simple life. One of which is TIME!
We have whole weekends to have fun, relax and enjoy life. This is a new practice for us as its been years since we had this opportunity.


We're hoping this translates to lots of time on the water very soon!

Wood Horse Year Info
http://westernschooloffengshui.com/2014/01/2014woodhorse/


No comments:

Post a Comment